Monday, November 30, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
- Wake up at 7 am... for some strange reason I find it easier to wake up early on Sunday... it is like I want to live each minute of the day and not waste it sleeping (I am not a big fan of sleeping during the day).
- 7-7.30 am: Water plants (my babies... :))... fertilise them... eat fruits
- 7.30-8.30 am: Gym/Jog
- 8.30-9 am: Read newspaper- The newspaper guy has not asked for his money since July (the month I moved into the flat)... I have been calling him and leaving messages requesting him to give me a bill so I can pay him... Mumbai is filled with ALL kinds of weirdos
- 9- 10 am: Give the car for repair... Maid arives... Clean house... wipe cupboards (cleaning them with normal cloth does not give very good results... any tips?), mirrors, refrigerator, wash clothes
- 10 am: Have breakfast... Sunday is reserved for Poha since it is KC's fav... he is not home this Sunday ... :(
- 11- 12: Bath
- 12.35- 2.35 pm: Movie- A Christmas Carol
- 2.35 pm: Salon
- 3.30 onwards: Relax at home... play Scrabble.... update pen drive for music in car...
Plan for Saturday: Today
- 6-7.30 pm: Pick up a CD for tonight... Fix an appointment at the garage for car repairs... Grocery Shopping... Buy plants
- 8-9 pm: Gym/Jog
- 9- 9.30 pm: Cook Dinner
- 9.30 onwards: Dinner... Movie... Plan menu for week...
I am sooooo Monica. I never imagined I have a Monica in me... but I guess it takes a Chandler (her disorganized, lazy hubby) to realize she is a Monica. I am not kidding... My house is always clean... and I get nightmares if clothes pile up for laundry... I wonder how KC will adjust with me when he shifts. How do 2 people lead a common lifestyle after marriage? How do they manage to wake up at the same time, eat together, sleep at the same time, merge their social life, have common hobbies and interests? Beats me...
In today's hectic times Sunday is the only day a couple will spend together... Should they spend it together or apart in respective activities or with friends (another question: whose friends???) or with family (whose family???)...
Married people... and also single people... and the in-between confused people... enlighten me.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
- Hair Oil
- Face pack
- Hair pack
- Bath soap/ body wash with scrubber
- Face Wash
- Anti-dandruff hair cream (latest entrant)
- Moisturiser/Sunscreen (separate for face and body)
- Serum for hair
- Hair Mousse (optional- mainly for parties)
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- Everything comes at a price
- Even 15 days after Diwali the postman (who is visiting for the 1st time) does not hesitate to demand 'Diwali money'
- There are only 2 seasons- summer and monsoons
- Reading about a couple's suicide in the building complex next to yours is part of news with the morning coffee
- You realize there will be traffic on every road at peak hours.... 8 am to 11 pm are peak hours
- Sounds of traffic become your lullaby
- Everything can be home delivered from... medicines to plants to DVDs to groceries
- 7% of your annual salary is your home deposit... 20% of take home monthly salary is rent
- You lose all fascination for the sea... enjoying sea view demands hours of travelling
- You can be out as late as you want without worrying too much about safety
- You are not surprised to see people sleeping anywhere... footpath, road, divider
- You start following traffic signals
- You can bribe your way through most offences
- The lesser money you have... the more arrogant you are
Saturday, November 7, 2009
- Clean the house
- Oil my hair
- Soak my feet in hot water to de-stress them
- Prepare batter of pancakes and store it for the week
- Prepare coconut chutney and store it
- Watch a movie
- Try cooking chicken